Tangling with Zen

A few more zentangle designs I’ve came up with. I’ve been playing with colour, and with more naturalistic designs as well as working within a circular boundary. All have been interesting, but the larger black and white tangles are still my favourites. I find it much easier to get lost in them, and love the results.

Bulbs, trees and tools

Today I had planned to show off the ridiculously ostentatious codpiece I made for a friend recently. Alas, my laptop is away having some much needed TLC (thanks to a very kind friend) and my little netbook just isn’t up to sorting out the photos. It’s fine for writing and general browsing, but photo editing and file organisation is far too awkward to do much of on it.

So, instead, I give you….

Getting there

Slowly, but surely, rosefoundry.co.uk is getting there. I’ve got the layout problems ironed out, and got a gallery plug-in that works smoothly!

There are a few more things I want to do before it’s ‘finished’. Mostly, get the Resources category sorted out with some content and make sure it displays how I want it to. It shouldn’t be too difficult…

Prayer Scarf

I love making things for Jenny. I’ve done a fair few pieces of kit for her, and she seems to really like what I’ve come up with, so lets me have fun with designs and use my own judgement. She always had good costumes too, which shows my contributions off in the best light!

This one is a prayer scarf for a Tralden priestess. Prayer scarfs are a necessary accessory for any priest type in Fools and Heroes, and a great opportunity for detailed design on an article of clothing that won’t see heavy wear or need much washing.

Longstorian Robes

These have been in process for an age. I really struggled to find the right fabric for them, which held up the whole process.

My brief was quite loose. Green Longstorian (FnH nature God) robes, with a front opening, suitable for running and combat whilst still looking priestly, with hood built in. I went with a mash up of my pattern for the Assasins Creed style robes I made last summer and the hood extension I used on Bens mage robes. It’s a bit more fiddly than the simple hood extension on most costume patterns but I really like the result, it fits much better at the neck and lets the lapel hang more naturally. I adapted it from a vintage coat pattern originally, damn good find.

The original idea was to have these robes made to fit over, and flatter, a particular leather breast piece. That not being made yet, I ended up designing them to be quite adaptable. The sides are open with lacing, might seem a little silly with a front opening, but it will allow the wearer to adjust them over armour all around the torso so the arm holes don’t get dragged back. Arm movement was an important feature, so I went with