I’ve been experimenting with glass painting as preparation for an upcoming project. It’s not something I’ve done much of before, and when I have I’ve used proper glass paints. This time I’ve been working with acrylics thinned down with PVA.
I wanted something like a church stained glass window but with no figures, so went along rose window lines. Drafting it was quite fun.
i may have got a bit carried away making it too detailed though, so cut it back with some handy tipex.
i just taped the glass over my design with masking tape and got to painting. I did make sure the corners were well covered though.
For the black lines I used some gutta I had squirreled away. I’m not sure how old it was, there was another tube that had dried up. It was very thick, and much harder to use than I remembered.
I’m not too pleased with my results. The acrylic went on nicely enough, but it’s very streaky, especially with light behind it. I’ll need to play about with this technique a bit more before I’m happy with it.